Elevetha

A Sea of Stars

Teenaged. Clinomaniac. Caffeine Addicted. Fangirl. Bibliomaniac. Introverted.

Challenge Participant

Hyperbole and a Half

Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened - Allie Brosh

There is just something about Allie Brosh's drawings. I couldn't tell you what it is exactly, but it endears me to them. They really aren't that great and yet they are great. I wish I could draw a stickish figure with a pink dress and a big head and a weird cone hair/hat that conveys a 1/10th as much emotion as she does.

Favorite stories/chapters/incidents are: The Simple Dog, Motivation, The God of Cake, The Helper Dog Is an Asshole, Dog's Don't Understand Basic Concepts Like Moving, This Is Why I'll Never Be an Adult, and Dog's Guide to Understanding Basic Concepts. These had me in stitches, though every story/chapter/incident had at least something that I laughed at or enjoyed.

Depression Parts 1 and 2, while it threw me for a loop because it wasn't terribly funny so I went from laughing my head off to morosely reading a chapter about depression. I got it though, so it not being funny didn't detract from enjoying reading it.

My least favorite(s) were Identity Parts 1 and 2. They seemed, I don't know, vaguely pretentious? Anyways...

I was terribly disappointed to find that Boyfriend Doesn't Have Ebola. Probably. and Spiders are Scary. It's Okay to be Afraid of Them. are not a part of this hodgepodge collection. Perhaps next time?

Content: Language. (While I found it, mostly the F-word, unnecessary, it didn't detract much from my overall enjoyment.)

Note: 2 am is the optimal time to read.