Elevetha

A Sea of Stars

Teenaged. Clinomaniac. Caffeine Addicted. Fangirl. Bibliomaniac. Introverted.

Challenge Participant
The Faceless Ones - Derek Landy 3.5 stars.

My personal favorite skeleton detective is back - and not quite as snarky as ever. Close enough.

For me this series/book is not at all about the plot, because, let's be honest, it's not the greatest plot and even frustrates me sometimes. The Faceless Ones are starting to grate on my nerves but it's definitely not the worst story I've come across and absolutely everything is made better by the characters. I love Skulduggery and Valkyrie and Tanith. They are one of the best bad ass teams I've come across in a long time. And their banter and constant sassiness...I love it. And the supporting characters too! Not as awesome but for side characters, not bad at all.

This Fletcher character intrigues me. Perhaps we shall see more of him? And I'll say this right now: as much as I would love for there to be no romance at all ever in this series and keep everything just the way it is, if Landy decides to do something with Valkyrie and Fletcher and if he continues writing his characters the way he's been doing and if everyone is still their sassy, decidedly not whiny selves, I'll be just fine with it.

HOLY FREAKING CRAP. That cliffhanger is, dare I say, Uncle Troll Rick worthy.