Elevetha

A Sea of Stars

Teenaged. Clinomaniac. Caffeine Addicted. Fangirl. Bibliomaniac. Introverted.

Challenge Participant

Live Right and Find Happiness (Although Beer is Much Faster): Life Lessons and Other Ravings from Dave Barry - Dave Barry

3 stars only for the absolutely hilarious chapter on his daughter learning to drive and the safest car in the world, a 1961 Plymouth Valiant station wagon. I was in stitches throughout that whole chapter.

I also quite enjoyed the chapter "Everything I Learned About Home Improvement I Learned From Johnny Carson". Namely, you can't do shit yourself. Which should be the Home Depot's new tagline.

As for the rest of the book, it was pretty sub-par. His Brazilian soccer trip was pretty funny, but the David Beckham bit was too raunchy for my taste, his trip to Russia with Ridley Pearson was in no way amusing, the "Letter to My Grandson" was heartwarming but not particularly engaging. The "Cable News Is On It" chapter was vaguely amusing but then the jokes got very old very quickly. And if there were other chapters, I can't even recall what they were about at this time.